Friday, May 16, 2008

Recipe of the week

So I love cooking and baking! Once a week I will post some of the gems I have received that has been tried and tested...mainly by my hubby :)...and feel free to pass along some of your good ones to me too! Here's the first one that is a big hit, especially this time of year. Thanks to my friend Tamarie for this one- It is yummy!

Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle

2 lbs. Strawberries - sliced
3/4 angel food cake- cut into squares

1 can Eagle brand milk
8 oz. cream cheese
12 oz. cool whip
1 small box Vanilla instant pudding
3/4 cup water

Cut berries and cake.
Mix Cream cheese & milk to smooth consistency. Add package of vanilla instant pudding and water and mix it. Add cool whip (4 oz, then beat, another 4 oz, beat more,etc).

Spread thin layer of mixture across bottom of bowl. Stack layer of cake, then berries...cream,cake, berries, etc.

No comments: